What is an Orthodontist ?
In addition, when a child is under active growth, it may be possible to use orthodontic appliances such as jaw expanders to modify his/her jaw growth and movement. Since each child’s situation is different, it is best to take him/her to an orthodontist for consultation on the appropriate treatment.
Why do people get braces ?
• Teeth that are crowded and overlapped
• Teeth that are uneven and irregularly shaped
• Teeth that have excess overjet and/or overbite
• Teeth arches that are narrow
• Underbite/Crossbite/Open Bite
• Receding upper or lower jaw
• Short upper lip
• Thumb Sucking
• Tongue Thrusting